Gender Reassignment Surgery
Men and women who want to physically alter their bodies to be of the opposite gender can undergo gender reassignment procedures, also known as sex reassignment surgery. The transition to the opposite sex is typically a combination of surgery, hormonal therapy, and even counseling, as the individual assumes a completely new role in life and perspective. Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez understands this process is unique to each individual and surgery is only a part of the change. The surgical transition may include several procedures to feminize or masculinize the individual.
Gender Reassignment for Females
Examples of gender reassignment procedures for females include:
- Removal of breasts, ovaries, and uterus
- Closing the vagina
- Construction of a penis and scrotum
- Insertion of a penile implant
- Extending the urethra
- Body reshaping procedures, such as a tummy tuck, 4D Hi-Def Liposculpting, and fat grafting
- Cosmetic procedures to create a more defined jawline, facial contouring, and other procedures to achieve a more masculine look
Gender Reassignment for Males
Examples of gender reassignment procedures for males include:
- Facial feminization surgery to change appearance of the lips, eyes and nose
- Surgery of the Adam’s apple
- Removal of penis, testicles, and prostate gland
- Construction of the vagina and clitoris using tissue from the penis
- Construction of the labia using scrotal skin
- Shortening of the urethra
- Body reshaping procedures, such as liposuction, body contouring, and fat grafting
Dr. Gonzalez is a New York Board Certified Plastic surgeon with more than 15 years of medical education and training. He specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and can help individuals looking for a skilled surgeon to perform gender reassignment procedures. Dr. Gonzalez is compassionate and understanding of the unique circumstances patients who are seeking a gender transition are going through. The doctor, along with his team of trained professionals, are here to walk you through the process of gender reassignment to help you achieve your goals.
If you are considering gender reassignment surgery, schedule a private consultation with Dr. Gonzalez. He will take the time to learn about your goals and discuss the treatment process in detail so you can make informed decisions. Call us today for your consultation.
Contact El Paso, TX Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez
For more information on Plastic Surgery (cirugía plástica) and Non-Surgical Medical Spa procedures and treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (cirujano plástico), Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez (Dr. G) by clicking here or calling 915-600-2639.
Serving patients in El Paso Texas, Las Cruces New Mexico, Ciudad Juárez Mexico and surrounding areas.