Undergoing breast augmentation plastic surgery is a significant decision that the patient will have to live with for a long time.
This makes it crucial for her to identify a highly experienced and skilled breast surgeon for this procedure. Breast enhancement surgery may be able to help a woman accomplish a higher level of personal confidence and self-esteem.
However, in the hands of an inexperienced cosmetic surgery, the chances of poor results, which can cause disappointment and additional expense for the patient, are significantly increased. Envy Aesthetic Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzales, provides breast implants to patients in El Paso, TX, and surrounding locations.
Selecting a Plastic Surgeon Certified by the ABPS
It is important for patients to ensure that their plastic surgeon for a breast procedure has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Many patients have an understanding that state boards provide them with a reliable way to make sure that the surgeon they choose is qualified to undertake the procedures they promote. But in reality, state governments do not require a surgeon to be trained in the exact procedures that they advertise to patients.
Therefore, it becomes important for a woman to select a breast enhancement surgeon who is ABPS board certified in plastic surgery.
Board certified surgeons must undergo a specific number of years of training in surgery following med school, along with completing a minimum of two years of plastic surgery residency training to attain this renowned certification.
Personal Rapport and Comfort Level
The patient should also pay close attention to how the surgeon and their staff make her feel. There is an inherent risk of complications associated with any cosmetic surgery procedures, which may cause obstructions in the woman’s journey to achieving her desired breast enhancement outcomes.
She must feel entirely at ease with her surgeon and their team. For this reason, it is vital for the patient to choose a breast surgeon whom she implicitly trusts and feels completely comfortable with.
The patient should as herself the below-mentioned questions:
- How does spending time with this plastic surgeon make me feel?
- Do I trust this plastic surgeon to offer me guidance on safe and appropriate procedures?
- Do I feel comfortable enough to freely ask this surgeon any questions or express concerns that I may have during the entire breast enhancement surgery process?
- Will I be able to unhesitatingly reveal my entire medical history and lifestyle habits to this breast surgeon?
Questions during the Consultation
During the pre-op consultation, some suggested areas that the patient can ask questions to the surgeon on are as follows:
- Information regarding the credentials and experience of the surgeon
- Details on the surgical venue where the procedure will be undertaken (make sure that the breast enhancement is performed at a hospital, a surgical center, or an accredited surgical suite)
- Potential risks involved in breast augmentation surgery
- The number of breast-related surgeries that the surgeon has performed to date
- Other options for breast enlargement
- Before and after photos of previous breast augmentation patients
In case the patient feels that the surgeon is not being upfront or is evasive in offering her the required information on these facets, she should re-evaluate her choice of surgeon for her breast enhancement surgery. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzalez receives patients from El Paso, TX, and nearby areas for breast implant surgery.
For more information on Plastic Surgery (cirugía plástica) and Non-Surgical Medical Spa procedures and treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (cirujano plástico), Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez (Dr. G) by clicking here or calling 915-600-2639.
Serving patients in El Paso Texas, Las Cruces New Mexico, Ciudad Juárez Mexico and surrounding areas.
Schedule a Consultation: 915-600-BODY (2639)