The decision to get a hand surgery whether in combination with a cosmetic surgery or not should be made by the patient after consulting with their surgeon. The patient should freely clarify all doubts and concerns with their surgeon. They should look at surgical options only when the possibility of noninvasive treatments has been exhausted.
Patients with a clear understanding of the procedure and all inherent aspects tend to feel more confident. They are also more likely to attain satisfaction from the outcome. It takes a dedicated plastic and hand surgeon to answer all questions and concerns of the patients in adequate detail in simple, patient-friendly language.
Envy Aesthetic Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzalez, provides hand surgery procedures to patients in El Paso, TX, and surrounding communities.
Surgeon Related Questions
- Is the surgeon a board-certified plastic surgeon?
- Does the surgeon have any specialized experience or training in hand surgery and cosmetic surgery?
- What is the surgeon’s patient satisfaction rate related to previous hand surgery procedures?
- Where will the surgery be performed – surgical center, hospital or private surgical suite?
- Does the surgeon have operating privileges at any local hospital?
- Would the surgeon’s practice be able to deal with any emergency during or after the procedure?
- What is the policy in terms of revision surgery?
- Has the surgeon performed hand reconstructive procedures and other types of hand surgery?
Hand Surgery Related Questions
- Do you think I am a suitable candidate for the procedure?
- Which surgical technique do you recommend?
- How long will the procedure last?
- Will the surgery be performed as an outpatient procedure?
- Will you perform the procedure under local or general anesthesia?
- Should I take any preparatory steps for getting the hand surgery?
- Do you have any hand surgery before and after images of previous patients? Can I look at videos of the procedure as well?
Recovery Related Questions
- Will the recovery be painful following the hand surgery?
- How much time before I can get back to work?
- Can I resume routine activities once physical rehabilitation and therapy begins?
- What are the complications and risks involved in hand surgery?
- How long before I am completely rehabilitated following the surgery?
Cost Related Questions
- What is the estimated cost of the hand surgery procedure?
- How much will I need to pay additionally if I get the handy surgery and cosmetic surgery done together?
- Is the estimate inclusive of sundries, such as pre- and post-operative expenses?
- Will I get to pay less if I choose a surgery center over a hospital for the hand surgery?
- Are post-surgical appointments charged separately?
- Will you offer a rebate or a package price if I get multiple procedures performed at the same time?
- Are there any medical insurance or financing options that your office can recommend?
You can always ask your surgeon for testimonials of past patients. This can help you learn about the procedure and make an educated decision. Committed cosmetic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzalez receives patients from El Paso, TX, and nearby areas for hand surgery.
For more information on Plastic Surgery (cirugía plástica) and Non-Surgical Medical Spa procedures and treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (cirujano plástico), Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez (Dr. G) by clicking here or calling 915-600-2639.