Buttock Enhancement Surgery
After getting a butt enhancement plastic surgery procedure performed, your tissue and skin will need to heal for providing beautiful results. You should not miss any follow-up appointments with your surgeon. In fact, you should take care to follow through with their instructions for caring for your buttocks.
You should also give yourself enough resting time so that the contours of your new and refined posterior can develop well. Envy Aesthetic Center, led by board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzalez, provides buttock enhancement surgery to patients in El Paso, TX, and surrounding locations.
Immediately After Surgery
You may feel disoriented or groggy following the buttock enhancement procedure. This is especially true if you are under general anesthesia or sedation. It is possible that your buttocks may be bruised and swollen from the surgery as well. This is why you should have someone drive you home following the procedure. You will need to do the following before you can leave the surgeon’s office:
- Understand the proper way to care for wounds. This may include replacing sterile gauze and emptying surgical drains.
- Putting on compression garments for covering the area of liposuction, incisions, and fat transfer.
- Learn how to lie down or sit without placing a lot of pressure on the butt. Pressure can interfere with the results and recovery of butt implants. Many patients make use of pillows to sit without impacting the surgery results.
- Obtain antibiotic and painkiller medications. You should have these prescriptions filled before the surgery. In some cases, the surgeon will recommend taking an anticoagulant medication for preventing the formation of blood clot.
- You should wear compression garments at all times when home. You should also rest in the right position by giving the body the care and time it requires for healing. It is recommended that you have a family member or a friend stay with you for a few days.
Each patient will experience healing differently following a butt augmentation cosmetic surgery. However, there are similarities in the healing process. You should take time off work during the first week and get a family member or friend to take care of you. After about two days, you can remove the compression garment to gently wash your buttocks.
You should come into the cosmetic surgeon’s office after a week to examine the butt and remove all drains. Sutures are generally removed within 10 days depending on the healing. Generally, patients can go back to work after 7 days. However, you should have someone care for your house and children for two weeks.
Typically, cosmetic surgeons recommend taking short walks for decreasing swelling and keeping the blood moving. You should be able to travel after the first week depending on your individual condition. Generally, procedures performed by experienced surgeons result in quicker recovery process.
Your surgeon should be able to help you with a more detailed timeline for recovery based on your unique medical and surgical needs. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Marco Gonzalez receives patients from El Paso, TX, and nearby areas for buttock enhancement surgery.
Contact El Paso, TX Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez
For more information on Plastic Surgery (cirugía plástica) and Non-Surgical Medical Spa procedures and treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (cirujano plástico), Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez (Dr. G) by clicking here or calling 915-600-2639.
Serving patients in El Paso Texas, Las Cruces New Mexico, Ciudad Juárez Mexico and surrounding areas.