Reconstructive Hand Surgery | El Paso
For those who have experienced an injury, congenital deformity, or disease that has caused significant harm or inhibits the normal hand use and functioning of their hands, Dr. Gonzalez offers Reconstructive hand surgery to restore form and function of the affected area. Often this may involve reconstruction, repair or replacement of parts of the hand including bones, muscles, tendons, joints, skin, and other tissues.
Common traumatic injuries
- Extensive burns
- Crushed parts
- Deformity or loss of digits
Common procedures to treat these types of injuries
- Resetting and repairing dislocations and fractures
- Repairing nerves and tendons
- Burn care
- Reattaching missing digits
- Replacement of hand skin through skin grafting, skin and muscle flap procedures
- Microsurgical reconstruction of skin, muscle, bones, or nerves by means of tissue transplantation
Congenital hand deformities
- Syndactyly (children born with webbed fingers)
- Missing, extra, short, curved, or deformed digits
Disease related deformities
- Arthroplasty or joint replacement surgery due to arthritis
- Treatment of infections and tumors in the hands
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), Dupuytren’s Contracture, and tendonitis
Because each surgery vastly varies from another, each case is evaluated on an individual basis although most reconstructive hand surgery is done on an outpatient basis under local or general anesthesia. Physical therapy is often a significant part of the recovery process. Reconstructive hand surgery recovery time can very depending on the nature of the injury.
Dr. Gonzalez will be happy to consult with you personally to discuss a treatment plan to help you achieve the best outcome.
Contact El Paso, TX Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez
For more information on Plastic Surgery (cirugía plástica) and Non-Surgical Medical Spa procedures and treatments, please contact the offices of Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (cirujano plástico), Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez (Dr. G) by clicking here or calling 915-600-2639.
Serving patients in El Paso Texas, Las Cruces New Mexico, Ciudad Juárez Mexico and surrounding areas.
Schedule a Consultation: 915-600-BODY (2639)